Monday, December 6, 2010

~Quotes from the Classroom:#5~


*I have spent ALOT of time taking care of children! I have been a nanny, a first grade teacher, and a preschool teacher. Throughout my experience I have been delighted to hear many hilarious quotes from children as they try to understand the world around them. Many times I have been able to take a little life lesson away for myself from their observations.*
This quote happened during Bible story time-this seemed to be the best time to gather funny quotes! I love heaing how children try to understand Scriptures! There were a couple of particularly funny quotes regarding the Bible lesson about the ten lepers, but I will have to save that for another post-ha! Anyways, on this day we were talking about making good or bad choices...
G: "Ms. Michelle sometimes I make bad choices...."
ME: "You Do?"
G: "Yeah, sometimes I Pick My Boogers!"
ME: "Oh....yeah, definitely NOT a good choice!"
G:"I know...but I just want to EAT them!"
Gross, I know! BUT, it got me thinking about how alot of times I will make BAD choices. Choices that are pretty gross, but I will lies to myself about why I am making the bad choices. I am not honest like G. I will tell myself-"I am being careless with my finances, time, relationships, conversations-BECAUSE I am tired, I work and deserve a treat, I need ME time, I am not really gossiping if I only tell so-and-so, etc....
The truth of the matter is most of my bad choices are based on self-focus. My eyes are on myself and what serves me best, NOT on what serves the LORD or others around me.
Truth of the matter I make BAD choices, cause I want to EAT them! I want to taste and be filled up with them.
But, with every sin, once I am caught in the bad choices, or the consequences catch up to me they are not so tasty after all!
*These thoughts-I realize- come back again and again in posts...think God is trying to tell me something;)!?!*

No comments:

Post a Comment