Wednesday, December 15, 2010

~Christmas Favorites: The Movies~


I thought it would be fun to make a list every week from now until Christmas of some of my FAVORITE things about Christmas! I LOVE Christmas, and truly feel like I get as excited as the kids! I don't so much care about the gifts (anymore;), but just LOVE the decorations, food, music, events, shopping, wrapping, food, movies, family time, etc.... This week is all about Christmas Movies! I know some people think they are cheesy, but I say if cheesy Christmas Movies are wrong-I don't want to be right!


My ALL TIME FAVORITE!

I have yet to watch this movie in its entirety this Christmas season:(. Something I will have to remedy this weekend I think!



I wrote about this last post, but I seriously love this movie. I was NOT a fan of the Jim Carrey version. It was just a little over the top for me, but I love how sweet and simple this movie is!



I mean...just this picture made me laugh out loud!



I know this story has been done a billion times, but this is my favorite. I remember as a little girl waiting for when it would come on ABC every Christmas. I would always be SO excited! I just love that Mickey!



Ok, so although Mickey's Christmas Carol is my favorite, I do dearly love the Muppets! I don't know what it says about me that a movie made for kids makes me laugh so much, but if you haven't seen it you need to check it out....it is pretty much HILARIOUS!


Oldie but a Goodie. I still love the part where he goes to the grocery store and has coupons and everything...I know! I am a big nerd, but it makes me laugh!




Vividly remember going to see this movie with my middle school Sunday School Class (yes, I am that old;)! Shout out to Heather Hildebrand (Long), Rebecca Aldrich, Gina and Kerry Rowe, Jeremy Johnson, Matt Rutledge, and Eric Green! We were totally awesome with our 14 yr old selves!



JUST the Kate Winslet/Jack Black story line! I could fast forward through the whole Cameron/Jude section and be able to enjoy a perfectly sweet, lovely story.


This is a fairly new Christmas Favorite (my mom and older sister Jennifer would be mortified-ha). I did not discover the hilarity of this movie until I was older in life, because my mother believed it to be "base" and "crude". I can't say that she is really wrong, and I apologize that as her daughter I have developed such a sense of humor-ha!


To be Honest I don't really like this movie, but I wanted ten movies so I thought I would give this one as an honorable mention. I know lots of people who LOVE this movie, and I am sure it is very encouraging and sweet for them. BUT, it STRESSES me completely out the whole movie! I finish the movie and have to sit for minute telling myself that everything ends up ok over and over again-it is traumatic!


*I forgot Rudolph! I usually find the Claymation movies a little creepy, but I love Rudolph! So, He can be my number Ten and It's a Wonderful Life just a Honorable Mention;)*



So, those are my favorite Christmas Movies! I have yet to see any of them all the way through, but there is still time!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, that's exactly how I watch the Holiday! I usually DO fast forward through the Cameron/Jude section! I love that movie...I actually love almost all these movies - you have excellent Christmas movie taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! I hope you are enjoying getting to watch some with your sweet baby:)!

    ReplyDelete