Saturday, December 11, 2010

~ A Day in Pictures: Christmas Wrapping by a Mediocre Crafter~

I don't know what came over me this year, but when I thought about wrapping gifts for Penelope and Amelia I REALLY wanted to do something special. As these pictures will testify , I am NOT a crafty person...BUT really believe in my heart I should be-ha! Thus, I give you a lovely example of what mediocre talent and determination will get you-ha!

The Blank Canvas

The Tools
love that they are pretty...maybe I thought they would help me paint pretty;)
Note to others: Pretty Paintbrushes does not a Painter Make!

The Colors for Christmas
-I don't know how I ended up without a true red:(!-

Pretty Tissue Paper

A Lil' Ornamentation

My Craft Spot
Wish I was as crafty as I am organized!


A Lil' inspiration

Finished Product #1
Now, think of how super cute this would be if done by someone who could actually paint!
In my mind I have how this COULD look if done by someone with some skills, and trust me it is very cute;). SO, if you are crafty you should use these ideas and let me live vicariously through your creations!


Final Product #2
When I was done with the Christmas bags, I was still feeling a little bit artsy. Apparently unachieved vision (ex:above bags) does nothing to dampen my spirits! So, using below as an inspiration-I got to wrapping Penelope's First Birthday Gift! She was our special gift last year on Christmas Eve:), and I can NOT wait to celebrate that sweet girl! I just wish I could invent a instantaneous portal between Virginia and Georgia so that I could be unbelievably rich(oh, I'm joking), and so I could see that little girl more!

Thanks InStyle Magazine for the Wrapping Ideas!
(I am addicted to that magazine! It has GREAT fashion ideas without all the inappropriate articles most magazines out there have!)

My Supplies

Finished Product#3
Turned Out a little more "Bridal" than I hoped, but still a little more special than just a bow(I think)!
To top of the Wrapping Extravaganza, I got to watch one of my FAVORITE Christmas movies in the midst of the fun!



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cartoon version of this movie-cause apparently I am still five!

So, that is my attempt at being crafty! Hopefully it will be some fun ideas for someone to use who possesses the crafting talent I forget I don't really have-ha!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle quit bashing your abilities! All of those gifts look amazing. Trust me I can post a picture of the presents I have wrapped and you will feel like the Rembrandt of wrapping. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete